Eclipse is a major IDE. Please google!

If you want to use the default surefire plugin configuration you MUST name
your test class according to the default configuration for the surefire
plugin. Please see link provided earlier. If not, you need to configure the
surefire plugin yourself (see link provided in some other answer).

Btw, for JUnit 4.x you should NOT extend TestCase!

Please execute your JUnit 4.x test class in your IDE. Does it work? If not,
something is wrong with your class (or your IDE is misconfigred). If yes,
then your problem is the maven configuration (configuration of the surefire
plugin).

/Anders