Wayne Fay schreef:
- change <version> from "1.4" to "snapshot"
- every build I make, will be stored in the Archiva SNAPSHOTS repository
- the snapshot is stored with a date suffix, to see differences
between the builds

The first bit is not entirely correct.
- Change version from 1.4 to 1.4.1-SNAPSHOT, or 1.5-SNAPSHOT, or
2.0-SNAPSHOT if you prefer (anything "larger" than 1.4 will suffice,
but simply "snapshot" is a bad idea)
The choice of 1.4.1 vs 1.5 vs 2.0 depends on how much your codebase is
expected to change. A simple bugfix will generally just trigger a
1.4.1 while a bigger change will bump to 1.5 and a very large change
will trigger 2.0.

And then every build of the SNAPSHOT is stored in the repository?
I did some research:

*uniqueVersion*: The unique version takes a true or false value to denote whether artifacts deployed to this repository should get a uniquely generated version number, or use the version number defined as part of the address.

To store diskspace, I should set this to false?