*supposedly*version is a noop if you have a local repository already setup you
can override either the settings.xml or pom.xml plugin declaration e.g.
<plugin>
  <artifactId>foo</artifactId>
  <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins<groupId>
  <configuration>
                  <localRepositoryPath>/LookHereFirst</localRepositoryPath>
   </configuration>

I have not been able to get this to work in 2.0.9
Perhaps John Casey or some of the dev crew can weigh in?

thanks,
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business
of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender does not
endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient. Sender does
not necessarily endorse content contained within this transmission.

> Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 14:07:58 +0100
> From: jeffma...@gmail.com
> To: users@maven.apache.org
> Subject: Re: plugins now require me to provide a version ?
>
> Yes, Maven has a mecanism used to get the latest version of the plugin
> assumed the latest has been registered. I think this is stored in the Maven
> metadata (XML file) of the plugin artifact. If you did not change your Maven
> configuration (settings, repository), I don't understand why it is not
> working anymore.
>
> Regards
> Jeff MAURY
>
> On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 12:37 PM, rossputin <rossaj...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I don't recall changing anything in the local Maven repository...
> >
> > things are building now that I have provided versions, but I was under the
> > impression that if I did not provide versions, the latest would be used ?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Ross
> >

> > jeffma...@jeffmaury.com wrote:
> > >
> > > Did you change something in your local Maven repository ?
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Jeff MAURY

> >  Perhaps

> > > --
> > > La mélancolie c'est communiste
> > > Tout le monde y a droit de temps en temps
> > > La mélancolie n'est pas capitaliste
> > > C'est même gratuit pour les perdants
> > > La mélancolie c'est pacifiste
> > > On ne lui rentre jamais dedans
> > > La mélancolie oh tu sais ça existe
> > > Elle se prend même avec des gants
> > > La mélancolie c'est pour les syndicalistes
> > > Il faut juste sa carte de permanent
> > >
> > > Miossec (2006)
> > >
> > > http://www.jeffmaury.com
> > > http://riadiscuss.jeffmaury.com
> > > http://www.lastfm.fr/listen/user/jeffmaury/personal
> > > Mes CDs à récupérer:
> > > http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pNeg4Doa_oCsh7CepKPaPTA&hl=en
> > >

> > --
> >

> --
> La mélancolie c'est communiste
> Tout le monde y a droit de temps en temps
> La mélancolie n'est pas capitaliste
> C'est même gratuit pour les perdants
> La mélancolie c'est pacifiste
> On ne lui rentre jamais dedans
> La mélancolie oh tu sais ça existe
> Elle se prend même avec des gants
> La mélancolie c'est pour les syndicalistes
> Il faut juste sa carte de permanent
>
> Miossec (2006)
>
> http://www.jeffmaury.com
> http://riadiscuss.jeffmaury.com
> http://www.lastfm.fr/listen/user/jeffmaury/personal
> Mes CDs à récupérer:
> http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pNeg4Doa_oCsh7CepKPaPTA&hl=en

Life on your PC is safer, easier, and more enjoyable with Windows Vista®.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/127032870/direct/01/