On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 5:34 AM, Czollli <czol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The source code must be common, dev1, dev2 etc. are different environments
> differs
> only in configuration files.
> That is the reason why I can't keep the standard structure...
> I have configurations at the different levels too, which inherited from the
> upper levels.
> But if you have another idee...
> Can you give me some hints how can I do that?

Well, based on my limited understanding of your project, and my
understanding of "the maven way", I'd probably structure it like this:

parent (pom, multi-module; any common dependencies or dependency management,
plugin management, etc.)
- common (common source code; jar)
- dev1 (depends on common; adds config; can overlay/flatten/shade jar if you
like)
- dev2 (same as dev1, but with its own config)

Each of common, dev1 and dev2 would have their own pom, and be modules under
the parent build.

  - Geoffrey
--
Geoffrey Wiseman