Hi all,

I'd like to get opinions from others on how they structure/deal with what we deem 'functional tests'

To us these are tests that are broader in scope than a unit test but whose scope is still limited to that same module and require no 3rd party resources to run (we're able to Mock everything we need). Traditionally a Maven structure looks something like:

foobar
jar
src
main
java
test
java
war
sar
rar
ear

With the 'test' structure being used for Unit Tests.

So we're wondering if it was wise to put the functional tests under jar-->test-->src-->java (perhaps differentiating them by package structure) or introduce a new module (say functional-test) eg

foobar
jar
src
main
java
test
java
functional-test
src
test
java
war
sar
rar
ear

Is there a preferred technique/other options that people have used?