2009/3/20 sebb <seb...@gmail.com>

> On 19/03/2009, Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >  (Note: <optional>true</optional> should have the same effect but I have
> >  never quite got that to work the way it should)
> >

> I'm told it doesn't, because the dpendency still ends up in OSGI bundles.

FYI, if you're talking about the maven-bundle-plugin then yes, optional
dependencies are added by default but you can choose to ignore them:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FELIX/Apache+Felix+Maven+Bundle+Plugin+(BND)

see the "excludeDependencies" configuration option, for example:

  <plugin>
    <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
    <version>2.0.0</version>
    <extensions>true</extensions>
    <configuration>
      <excludeDependencies>*;optional=true</excludeDependencies>
      <instructions>
      </instructions>
    </configuration>
  </plugin>

or change the <Embed-Dependency> instruction if you're embedding them

HTH

--
Cheers, Stuart