From: Stefan Seidel [mailto:ssei...@vub.de]
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 4:55 AM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to perform a deploy only

I still don't think your solution is easier than

 mvn install
 if not errorlevel 1 mvn deploy:deploy

But - everyone has their own solutions ;) Thanks for sharing.

Stefan

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 13:17:43 -0500
Jim McCaskey <jim.mccas...@pervasive.com> wrote:

> Hi Stephen,
>
> Sure no problem.  What I came up with was another set of posts, and was
> essentially following the advice you gave me a few days ago and some help
> from Dan Tran.   That is, I use mvn deploy but output to a empty directory,
> then use a maven plugin to merge that to my primary repository.
>
> Here are some details (note I am using Maven 2.1.0 on Windows machines).  So
> essentially I build like this:
>
> mvn -DaltDeploymentRepository=repo::default::file://E:\staging-repo deploy
>
> I then use the wagon-maven-plugin to merge this sparse area up to my
> corporate repository like this:
>
> mvn org.codehaus.mojo:wagon-maven-plugin:1.0-beta-1:merge-maven-repos
> -Dwagon.source=file://E:\staging-repo
> -Dwagon.target=file://\\server\share\mavenrepo  -Djava.io.tmpdir=deploytemp
>
> Note that deploytemp is a directory that is created in the local directory.
> I can't seem to point it to a C:\temp for some reason, and really don't care.
>  I just create the directory and use it.  It's empty when it gets done. If
> you don't create that directory (or forget the java.io.tmpdir), you get a
> rather cryptic message about volume labels.
>
> I'm able to chain these two commands together after appropriate error
> checking in my automation server (IBM Rational Build Forge FWIW).
>
> So what I was after originally was a step for me to build, then another step
> to deploy only that I could use later on after everything was done.  This
> accomplishes that goal, with a little help from the wagon-maven-plugin, and
> Dan Tran.
>
> Needless to say this methodology was not documented anywhere that I could
> find, so I am guessing that not many folks are interested in it.  Frankly
> without the nudges in the right direction from this list, I would not have
> been able to figure it out. So thanks to everyone.
>
> -Jim

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Stefan Seidel
Software-Entwickler
VUB Printmedia GmbH
Chopinstraße 4, 04103 Leipzig
tel.    +49 (341) 9 60 50 93
fax.    +49 (341) 9 60 50 92
mail.   ssei...@vub.de
web.    www.vub.de

VUB Printmedia GmbH
HRB Köln 24015
GF Dr. A. Preuss Neudorf, Dr. C. Preuss Neudorf