From: Pankaj Tandon [mailto:pankajtan...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2009 11:17 AM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Re: [ANN] Maven 2.1.0 Released

Rob and Brian,
Thanks for the response. However, how then does the maven-war-plugin
run. I do NOT specify an execution section for that plugin, and it runs
in the package phase.
So I am not sure why is it necessary to mention the execution element at
all (with or without a phase). Just the plugin with a generic
configuration node should do.

Still confused,
Pankaj

> you still have to declare an executions element for the very same
phase in
the project that invkes this plugin.

That's right, except you don't have to specify the phase - the one
declared
by the mojo will be assumed.

2009/4/2 Pankaj Tandon <pankajtan...@gmail.com>

> Hello Rob,
> I wanted to ask you about your comment below where you state that even
if
> you have an annotation in a mojo for the execution phase, you still
have to
> declare an executions element for the very same phase in the project
that
> invkes this plugin.
>
> That, kind of defeats the purpose of having a default phase specified
in
> the Mojo, does it not? And it certainly doesn't work that way for
other
> plugins (the war plugin for instance that is bound to the package
phase).

> So am I missing something here or is this a bug introduced with
2.0.10?

> Thanks
> Pankaj
>

> Okay, my mistake - although it was indeed the 2.1.0 mvn which was in
my
> path, I had forgotten to change the value of my M2_HOME environment
> variable.
>
> Therefore, it was actually 2.0.10 which was being executed, which was
why
> my
> goal was being ignored.
>
> And anyway, I had wrongly assumed that adding the '@phase
prepare-package'
> annotation to the mojo was enough to trigger the goal's execution -
you
can
> confirm that this works fine.
>
> Many thanks to Brett for asistance.
>
> Rob
>
> 2009/3/25 Rob Dickens <arctic....@googlemail.com>

pom.xml of
> > the jar-packaged project?
> >
> > There isn't one, since the plugin's mojo has a '@phase
prepare-package'.

> > 2009/3/25 Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
> >

> >> On 25/03/2009, at 10:07 PM, Rob Dickens wrote:
> >>
> >>  Do jar-packaged projects now execute the new prepare-package
phase?

> >> All packaging types will if you properly bind to the phase, but
there is
> >> no default binding in any of the mojos yet.
> >>
> >> How have you constructed your execution block?
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Brett
> >>
> >> --
> >> Brett Porter