Because of how the maven plugin "thingy" is designed that is not possible...

you have two choices:

1. copy and paste
2. (if the plugin developer was smart, the have the functionality of their
mojos in a jar and their plugin is only a very thin wrapper) add their
functionality jar as  a dependency and copy and paste their thin wrapper