Why don't you just write a unit test base class that runs Jetty embedded? If
you store the server in a static attribute and start it in @BeforeClass (or
similar) conditionally if hasn't been started before, you'll save the
restart costs between each test. As a bonus, these integration tests are
easily runnable from your IDE. This is exactly what I do.

Kalle