Hi Wayne,

Thanks for having a look for me.

2009/5/20 Wayne Fay <wayne...@gmail.com>:
> Does this happen repeatedly?

It happens every time that Maven performs a compile of any of that
project's source code. By that I mean that if I delete the javax
directory from target/classes and run mvn compile, the compiler does
not recreate the directory unless the up-to-date check fails. Delete
one of the (expected) .class files and the javax branch is recreated.

> Can you replicate it on another computer, ideally with a completely
> different operating system and JDK version?

Yes. I have a Linux workstation at work and suffer the same problem
both there and at home, where I'm running OSX Leopard on Java 6.

> If you had to, could you package it up and share it (and the parent
> poms etc) with someone to debug it?

I'm not sure I can share the code, and sadly, as with most WAR files,
it's got plenty of dependencies.

> Perhaps try running "mvn -X clean compile" and post the output to
> Pastebin and send us the link.

No problem: http://pastebin.com/f5722de1d

Another thing that I find interesting is that it says it's

"Compiling 40 source files to
/home/guyverm/projects/sr2/velocity-web/target/classes"

There are actually 57 class files in target/classes, of which 17 are
under javax/servlet/. I've allowed for and subtracted the separate
.class files for anonymous inner classes.

Thanks very much for your time.

Cheers

Michael