Well, it depends on what you want to do.
Maven is not designed to be used as a scripting engine for administration
tasks.

Do you want to do this as a part of your packaging/build process? If so,
then look at Stephen answer. If you want to script something moving in a
production envt, then just use shell or ant.

Cheers.