Baptiste MATHUS wrote:

> Well, it depends on what you want to do.
> Maven is not designed to be used as a scripting engine for administration
> tasks.
>
> Do you want to do this as a part of your packaging/build process? If so,
> then look at Stephen answer. If you want to script something moving in a
> production envt, then just use shell or ant.

Thanks (and Stephen also). I am trying to run this as part of my build
process, as the output files are then used to generate Java classes via
JAXB.

So am I correct in thinking that the Maven approach would be to create a
plugin in this case, rather than using ant?

I'm a bit confused to be honest after reading the latest Maven docs on
whether everything should now be done writing Java plugins (this sometimes
feels like overkill to me). And also whether in the latest version of Maven,
ant is still the preferred scripting approach, as I also see references to
beanshell.

Cheers,
Menno