On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 1:54 PM, Wes Wannemacher<w...@wantii.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Lately I have noticed that while building, maven is downloading its
> dependencies, but once in a while, an artifact will come over
> incorrectly (I suspect a bad mirror somewhere). For instance, if I
> look at the contents of
> ~/.m2/repository/cglib/cglib-full/2.0.2/cglib-full-2.0.2.jar I see -
>
> cat /home/wesw/.m2/repository/cglib/cglib-full/2.0.2/cglib-full-2.0.2.jar
> <title>301 Moved Permanently</title>
> </head><body>
> <h1>Moved Permanently</h1>
> href="http://download.java.net/maven/2/cglib/cglib-full/2.0.2/cglib-full-2.0.2.jar";>here</a>.</p>
> <hr>
> <address>Apache Server at maven2-repository.dev.java.net Port 443</address>
>
> It is helpful that they tell me where to find it, but how can I make
> maven understand that?

Do you have multiple <repository>s defined in your pom?

I can download
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/cglib/cglib-full/2.0.2/cglib-full-2.0.2.jar
fine.

However if I go to http://download.java.net/maven/2/cglib/cglib/ you
can see there is only one version 2.2_beta1/ (and no cglib-full at
all)

I suspect that you have included another repository that is claiming
to have that artifact - when in fact it doesn't.
It is very bad for a repository to delete or move an artifact.

You may be able to get around this by fixing your <repository> declarations.
You may be able to get around this by using a repository manager like
archiva or nexus.

Good luck.