Hi Mina community,

I've believe I've come across a bug in either:

*         MINA's AbstractPollingIoProcessor

*         --or--

*         Vysper's Socks5AcceptorHandler - which extends MINA's IoHandlerAdapter

I've stepped the logic and know what's happening [outlined below], and believe
there may be a problem in the Vysper SOCKS5 implementation, but [based on MINA
IoHandler comments], it appears there may be a bug in MINA when an IOException
occurs, too.

If anyone on this list has any guidance/suggestions, I would GREATLY appreciate
it **as we are now in testing and this is a critical issue for us**.   Also, If
you have any further questions, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Bob

PROBLEM + TROUBLESHOOTING RESULTS:

We are using the Vysper [trunk] + Mina [2.0.4].  We are experiencing an endless
loop of SOCKS5 exceptions in Vysper Socks5AcceptorHandler when the network
connection is killed/lost at the client while receiving an incoming file
transfer on the SOCKS5 socket.

When stepping the Vysper + MINA 2.0.4 code:

*         when the initial session is forcibly closed, the Vysper
Socks5AcceptorHandler.exceptionCaught is called - as expected - with an
IOException

*         this calls Socks5Pair.close(), which closes the respective Requestor
and Target IoSessions - gracefully - NOT forcibly

o   as a result, since there's a lot of data in the pipeline, the MINA
AbstractPollingIoProcessor continues to call FlushNow, which tries to write -
generating another IOException in the exceptionCaught handler

Based on the MINA IoHandler comments on exceptionCaught, it says MINA will
close the connection automatically, but this does NOT appear to be happening -
at least not while the sessions are still OPENED:
    /**
     * Invoked when any exception is thrown by user {@link IoHandler}
     * implementation or by MINA.  If <code>cause</code> is an instance of
     * {@link IOException}, MINA will close the connection automatically.
     */
    void exceptionCaught(IoSession session, Throwable cause) throws Exception;

Bob DeRemer
Senior Director, Architecture and Development

[cid:image001.png@01CCF06B.2D4ED610]
http://www.thingworx.com<http://www.thingworx.com/>
Skype: bob.deremer.thingworx
O: 610.594.6200 x812