Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@...> writes:

> David Rosenstrauch a écrit :
> >>
> >> May be checking for the socket idleness every X minutes could help to
> >> close the orphan sockets ?
> >
> > I'm not clear on what you mean by this.  How would I do a check like
> > that in MINA?  Are you suggesting adding some sort of ping/pong logic?
> > If not, then perhaps you could point me to some sample code that
> > illustrates what you mean?
> You can a SessionIdle event that can be used for that purpose. A session
> is considered Idle if nothing happened for it during one second, and the
> event is generated. I guess you can count the number of idle event you
> received up to a point you consider the session dead. Also you can
> consider that if all the sessions has received a Idle state, then
> something is probably going wrong.
>
> You can set the expected maximum idle time for a session using
> SessionConfig.setIdleTime( IdleStatus, long) (IdleStatus is used for
> READ, WRITE or BOTH)
>
> Btw, some interesting reading :
> http://mindprod.com/jgloss/socket.html#DISCONNECT

Hi,

I want to know the functional difference between
SessionConfig.setIdleTime( IdleStatus, long)

and SshServer.getProperties().put(SshServer.IDLE_TIMEOUT, <some time>);

Was able to test the 2nd case by leaving the session idle , however need to
know
the exact use of 1st one . How do I test 1st case ?