SSHD does not provide an interactive shell you can use and does not really
aim to do so anyway.
I would have a look at jline2, it's the one we use in Karaf.  Jline
provides completion, history, key bindings, etc...
ROughly, you need to create a jline ConsoleReader by using the streams
provided by SSHD and then configure it by registering commands, completers,
etc...
I'd suggest you have a look at Karaf, and then eventually grab some of its
code if you don't want OSGi at all, but the easiest would surely to just
reuse Karaf.

--
Guillaume Nodet