Awesome, that's exactly what I was looking for (I tested it and it works). Thanks! I guess I should have checked the spec first...

Jon

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jesse Alexander (KBSA 21)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "MyFaces Discussion" <myfaces-user@incubator.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 5:45 PM
Subject: RE: Possible to map .faces files to .jspx files instead of only .jsps?

Well... according to Kito Mann's "JSF in Action" the FacesServlet will process
the request (xyz.faces) and then route to xyz.jsp, because this is the default
suffix.
Notice "default". This means you can override it!

Just add the "javax.faces.DEFAULT_SUFFIX" servletcontext parameter to override
this default suffix.

EG
<context-param>
<param-name>javax.faces.DEFAULT_SUFFIX</param-name>
<param-value>jspx</param-value>
</context-param>
will make the FacesServlet look for xyz.jspx

Which, if I understand your request, is what you want...

hth
Alexander