Yes, I discovered that there seems to be something wrong with my pattern...
If I use /* as the pattern, it works...
But if I use /protected/* then the filter is not called.. (I.e. I want to
protect
every file and subfolders inside a folder called protected, how should my
pattern
look like?

BTJ

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am using filters (for taking care of Hibernate sessions) and it works
> like a charm. However I did mess up initially because I forgot to add
> the correct mapping, which then resultet in the same behaviour.
>
> Make sure you have somthing like this in your web.xml file:
>
>       <filter-mapping>
>               <filter-name><<your_filtername>></filter-name>
>               <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
>       </filter-mapping>
>
> Hermod

Bjørn T Johansen (BSc,MNIF)
Executive Manager
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                       Havleik Consulting
Phone : +47 21 69 15 20         Bjørnebærstien 57
Fax : +47 41 13 09 15           N-1348 Rykkinn
Cellular : +47 926 93 298       http://www.havleik.no
Someone wrote:
"I understand that if you play a Windows CD backwards you hear strange Satanic
messages"
To which someone replied: