The only possibilities I can think of that would cause the behavior you describe are:

1. The URL is being redirected before the filter is hit, so the url-mapping doesn't apply (you can test this by setting the pattern back to /* and outputting the path the filter finds).

2. Another filter whose pattern is matched by the request (and which comes before the filter you're working on in your web.xml list of filter-mappings) is failing to call doFilter(request, response) on the FilterChain object it receives, for some reason.

-Matt

On 5/4/05, Bjørn T Johansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Yes, I do... But I have tried /faces/protected/* too, with no luck....

BTJ