the effects are really fancy ... but I would not call the component a ajax component ... more like a _javascript_ enabled component.
thats because there is no real communication necessary back to the server, unless the state of the "puff away" objects is also represented on the server ... e.g. if you reload the page they are still gone.

never the less it would be nice to have such a component :)

only my two cents.