David, Could you not do the initialision in the setter that is being used to inject the Spring managed value? The other option would be to let Spring manage this object instead as you do have a lot more flexibilty there - however option 1 seems simpler if it would work in this situation..

Duncan Mills
www.groundside.com/blog

David Tashima wrote:

Hey everyone,

I am integrating Spring into my JSF application, and had a question
about the lifecycle of a JSF managed bean.I have a JSF managed bean that
depends on a Spring managed bean. The
problem is that I need to do some initialization on the bean after it
has been created and *after the Spring Bean has been injected*.

Is there any way to define an init() method that gets invoked by JSF
after the properties have been set?

I am using the OOTB JSF integration piece that comes w/ Spring (not
the Spring-JSF project stuff... perhaps my problem is addressed
there?)

Thanks!
Dave