On 8/24/05, David Haynes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[in employeeBackingBean]
EmployeeBean eb = new EmployeeBean();
public String getName() {
    return eb.getName();

So, all the elements of the EmployeeBean are available via the
employeeBackingBean in an unambiguous way. Or am I still missing the point?

Funny, I was just going to reply that I bet that is the way to handle this (when using the combined action/value object wrapped up into one managed bean concept). Thanks for clarifying this.

I will, however, be interested in the other replies on how you this gets handled when you keep them as separate managed beans ( EmployeeAction and Employee ).

Thanks again for your patience with me on this. It's 'slowly' starting to click. I feel like an old dog trying to learn new tricks:)

--
Rick