On 8/26/05, Patel, Hitesh (Exchange) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

You can pass the parameter as you have done and get the value of the parameter as follows

FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getExternalContext().getRequestParameterMap().get("empID");

I would guess this common to have to use? I would think it would be, and find it a bit odd that there isn't a more convenient way to get the params. Granted I can probably make a helper method to do the above.

I know that in many of my apps I have cases where you'll click on a link or button in order to get to a different populated screen based on an id or some other var(s). For example in one app there are a lot of page that on the top of the page it displays the user you are looking at and provides a few convenience buttons next to the name for viewing 'summary' 'user logs' etc - which are just links that execute actions and the appropriate information is pulled back based on some params passed through the link.

--
Rick