Mike Kienenberger wrote the following on 9/15/2005 12:18 PM:
Take a look at this thread for both a discussion on the situation and
solutions.  Note that the earlier part of the thread didn't address
the real issue, so I started you somewhere in the middle.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/myfaces-users/200509.mbox/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]

Rick was going to write a wiki entry on the situation, but I don't
think he's done so yet.

Basically, you need to preserve the value of rendered to the next request.
Using the t:saveState component is one way to do this.

Yes, I am going to make a wiki entry this. The reason I didn't reply immediately is that he mentioned he was using session scope for his backing bean. I'm guessing now that both the "foo" bean and "listener" bean both aren't in session scope.

Christian, I'm guessing that "listener" is not being preserved so if you preserve listener or listener you should be all set:

<t:saveState id="listener" value="#{listener}"/>

(just perserving obid of listener should work also:
<t:saveState id="obid" value="#{listener.obid}"/>)

If "foo" isn't being preserved (I think you said it was in Session scope), you'll need to save that state also. I haven't looked into using t:saveState for more than one object though.

--
Rick