Hi!

My current (test)code to create a datatable in a dynamic created tab looks like
this:

      // datatable
      UIData hdt =
(HtmlDataTable)app.createComponent(HtmlDataTable.COMPONENT_TYPE);
      hdt.setId("hdtId1");
      hdt.setVar("hdtVar1");
      tab.getChildren().add(hdt);

      List content = new ArrayList();
      for (int i = 0 ; i<10;i++) {
        content.add("row " + i);
      }
      hdt.setValue(content);

      // create column
      UIColumn column =
(UIColumn)app.createComponent(HtmlSimpleColumn.COMPONENT_TYPE);

      // create and add header
      UIOutput header =
(UIOutput)app.createComponent(HtmlOutputText.COMPONENT_TYPE);
      header.setValue("Last Column");
      column.setHeader(header);

      // create and add content
      UIOutput text =
(UIOutput)app.createComponent(HtmlOutputText.COMPONENT_TYPE);
      ValueBinding valueBinding = app.createValueBinding(#{hdtVar1})
      text.setValueBinding("value", valueBinding);
      column.getChildren().add(text);

      // add column
      hdt.getChildren().add(column);

Ok ... it is not possible to pass a parameter using "valuebinding" - so, there
is no way
to call #{hdtVar1.name(mystring)} ... right?

Is there a way to call a bean-setter and set the current object (of the
datatable-iteration)
in my bean, so that I'm able to call something like 'String whatever =
hdtVar1.getName("mystring")'
and do a 'text.setValue(whatever)' from there?

Thanks,
Harry