Hi

This question is related to issue MYFACES-702
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-702)

I've got a couple of JSF Portlet  which are running on Liferay 3.6.1.
And I'm also experiencing the issue mentioned in MYFACES-702 except that
pretty much all my page components gets wrapped in a span element.

I've looked in both Liferay and Myfaces sources and so far I've found that
Myfaces HtmlTextRendererBase.java is the culprit which appends
the span element.

The logic in the code is that:
(if the component has an ID) AND (the ID does NOT start with "_id")
then surround the element with a SPAN.

The problem is that when running in the portal every components id is
"automagically" prefixed with the name of the portlet. So my
compoenent ID's are like this: "_reporting__id0", "_reporting__id1",
and so on where the portlet name is "reporting". The portlet name
matches the <portlet-name> element in portlet.xml.

The workaround mentioned in the issue tracker works for the most part.
However even verbatim components are surrounded with span tags du to
their ID's automatically being
prefixed with portlet name. And the <f:verbatim> tag doesn't have an
ID attribute so there is no way to avoid the SPAN(spam) elements here.

I haven't yet tracked down where  these ID's are being assigned but I
was curious if anyone knows the reasoning(or requirement) behind
injecting the SPAN element?

Thanks,
Henrik Bentel