Marti, Adrian (Adrian) wrote:
Hello all,
First post, hopefully not too common a question.

            Working on a project with a lot of preexisting javascript
functions where the id's of components need to be exactly what is
expected. JSF seems to want to prefix all of my component id's with the
form id. Such as
                        <h:form id="acctform">

                        <h:inputText id="firstInput"   ... />

                        ... </h:form>

            Will show up in the html with an id="acctform:firstInput".
This obviously breaks the javascript. I have found the forceId attribute
for Tomahawk components but haven't seen anything for the regular
components. Anyone have any advice?

ADF Faces provides a form component that isn't a naming container, for exactly this reason. You might consider taking MyFaces' implementation of h:form as a starting point and creating your own equivalent. Not sure how involved that would be.

L.