Volker Weber wrote:

> I think i should read this tread.
>
> [1] http://www.mail-archive.com/users@myfaces.apache.org/msg00680.html

After reading this, i think there is only one new aspect for me.

The problem with porting existing applications to jsf. If those existing
application uses javascript with *hardcoded* element ids, which can't be
easyly changed to the new naming sheme.

This scenario is the only one where i'm (for me) willing to accept the
use of forceId.

But i fear that the page structure is changing so mutch, when porting to
jsf, it will break those scipts anyway.

Regards
  Volker

--