Hi,

a simple solution can be using parameters as well in the servlet and
redirect to the jsf page.

The constructor of your backing bean should do all the parameter
handling for you

like:

Map params =
FacesContext,getCurrentContext().getExternalContext().getRequestParameterMap();

String myKey = params.get("nameOfParam");

this.customer = myBusinessLogicService.getCustomerById(myKey);

another solution would be using Struts Shale's ViewController facility.

HTH,
Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf