Hi

> Take a look at tobagos NonFacesRequestServlet [1] how this situation
> could handled.

cool, that is a cleaner solution.

Jeffry, when you are using an impl of the mentioned Servlet,

you could also populate the backing bean's properties

inside of

invokeApplication():

Customer myCustomer = serviceLayer....();
ValueBinding vb = facesContex.getApplication().createValueBinding(
"#{myCustomer}" );
vb.setValue( facesContext, myCustomer );

return "customerDetailPage";

-Matthias

@Volker: have to look at the tobago goodies ;)