Marco Mistroni schrieb:
> Hello all,
>   it seems to me that the Spring-JSF project allows you to scope
> beans... isn't that so?
> pls correct me if i m wrong./...
>
> regards
>  marco

It should, yes to my knowledge jsf-spring (although it did not work for
me in my last project) should allow the calling from jsf beans within
spring and vice versa thus you can scope beans over jsf.

Things will become easier however with spring 2.0 then you simply define
all beans in spring and have faces-config doing the rest.

(the xml syntax according to the spring devs, also will be cleaned up
and tighter, I have not looked into it yet though)

Have in mind that jsf-spring works quite well in many situations, but
some situations still are problematic with that lib, I recently (in fact
last night) ran into the situation of not being able to deploy an app on
websphere due to the fact that jsf-spring interfered with the WAS6 class
loader.
But at least if you go the one way route there are other fallback
options. So choose your binding technology with care upfront and do some
minimal testing.