The ADF stuff is in the very early stages of merging with MyFaces.
Oracle has cleared the internal hurdles necessary to make the source
publicly available so people are reviewing it.  I haven't had time to
review it myself yet so don't feel bad if you feel behind the curve on
this one.

Please explore as much as you can.  Eventually the community will have
to make some decisions on how to proceed so the more of our users that
are familiar with the donation, the better.

Regards,

Sean