Emily Gu schrieb:
Hi,
I have a page that used <t:dataTable>, it only shows 5 on the each page. With total 7950 as returned data, it is 1590 pages. But it took 1.5 minutes to show up the first page that only has 5 rows. I checked the query, it only took 240 msecs. Please let me know if you have any better idea in speeding up the page loading but still apply all sorting, paginating mechanism as what <t:dataTable> provides.
Yes... you probably loaded the entire list into the table, there is no need for doing that, there is a generic datamodel interface/class underneath of all things, by implementing your own datamodel
you can achieve pagination and only have to load one page per time.

That way I managed tables of 15.000 rows and more without any significant performance impact.

But beware, implementing a datamodel is not what I would call a walk in the park.