Craig McClanahan wrote:
Interesting. I was under the impression that Weblets did not and would
not support the 'add <script> elements to the document head' part of the
equation. I'll have to have another look at it.

I think that is true for weblets, and it is definitely true for Shale
Remoting.  What remoting offers is a helper class that computes the
calculate the appropriate resource URL for you to render.  Actually adding
the <script> element (or call addResource() in the case of Tomahawk) is
still your responsibility.

Right, ant that's the bit I'm trying to come up with a generic, portable, configuration-free solution for. The trouble is, I can't find a general hook in JSF that would allow post-processing the generated response.

I suppose I could take another tack and look into whether there's a way to register a servlet filter programmatically and, if so, if there's a way to determine the URL mappings for the FacesServlet reliably.

Failing that, I can detect when there's something already configured (i.e. if the Tomahawk extension filter is installed, use it; if ADF Faces is being used, tie in to whatever it does; etc; otherwise, require additional configuration.

L.