I've Googled on this for about two hours, hoping to find a solution.

It seems that this is a very old issue that once started out as an error, but
was changed to an
info message.

Martin Marinschek closed MYFACES-261:
http://www.archivum.info/dev@myfaces.apache.org/2005-06/msg00047.html

Basic question:  If the component id is clearly referenced in the <h:outputLabel
for="componentID"..., why can't the component be found?  This seems like it is
a bug.

Mike