On 2/27/06, Ming Hu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Redirect works but it's not what I wanted. The functionality I'd like to have is to put security constraints on the action values of JSF/Myfaces command links or buttons.

Container managed security is *only* invoked on an initial request, not on a RequestDispatcher.forward() call, so you are not going to be able to accomplish what you are after.  The container always assumes that, the application will do a forward only if it is appropriate to do so.

Best solution is to just do the redirect.  If that means you have to save some state information in session scope, just do it.

Regards,

Ming

Craig