I recently developed a prototype JSF popup calendar component to accompany some documentation for third-party component developers for the product I work on. Surveying other calendars on the web and fixing problems in the currently shipping calendar, I think I have chosen the functionality that 80% of users would want. One thing that is different is that this calendar has design-time support for Java Studio Creator. I'd like it to be the basis for a real product quality component. If there's interest, I might be able to convice my employer to donate the code to apache. For screenshots and links to docs, you can look at http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/edwingo?entry=component_authoring_for_creator.

BTW, I originally tried to adapt the myfaces inputDate component, but found it would require runtime changes to the code. It's still possible to do this but when I started to write the sample, I decided to start from a clean slate.

-Edwin