nevermind. solved the puzzle. there is another var country with tag scope of  correct type.

Analyst John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
it is in countryTableForm.jsp. there is no error displayed. i downloaded the myfaces-1.1.1-src.zip

Country.java is at myfaces-1.1.1-src\src\examples\simple\src\java\org\apache\myfaces\examples\misc in the downloaded zip file myfaces-1.1.1-src.zip

looking forward for help

Thanks

Dennis Byrne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Yes, addCity should be invoked. If is does not exist you will certainly get an error. In which jsp does this markup exist?

Dennis Byrne

& gt; Use Photomail to share photos without annoying attachments.