In my experience, apps that start out with 1 page and 1 bean tend to end up being much more complex. So even in that case I would recommend adding Spring en Hibernate to the mix, especially because of the KISS principal:
Removing messy JDBC code and introducing IoC on all levels simplifies a project tremendously.

Jurgen

Alexandre Poitras schreef:
I agree with the previous poster but I would definitly take a look at
Spring's JDBCTemplate if I was you, which is very simple and makes
your jdbc code much easier to write. Say farewell to your messy
exception handling code :) Plus, if you want to switch to iBatis or
Hibernate later on, it will be much easier this way.