Hi!
> In any case, we are on the right path here, I suppose.

I am not that enthusiastic about the rumba framework - but hey - this
might change.
Reloading the objects using their key for every request might sometimes
become a real performance killer as you often have to deal with a couple
of objects. But ok, it depends on the use-case.
Also the ObjectProxy solution (I already tried such a thing before -
havent looked at rumba yet, might be different solved) didnt lead to the
nicest looking code. You have to check if a object is proxied and unpack
it if you e.g. add it to an criteria-api or if you have to set it as
property to another entity (1:n etc)

I still think the seam way is the better, "session in conversation" is
much more intuitive to work with as you can work with your objects as
expected.
I would like to see a seam-light. A single jar file which you can drop
into your tomcat and can start working with :-)

> Mario, how about code generation - maybe your code generator could fit
> into the framework as well, cause it might be good to generate reduced
> code?

I havent written a code-generator (so far - even if possible it was not
my main focus) instead I created a component which creates its children
based on the entity metadata on the fly -  at runtime. So if your model
changed you do not have to regenerate code.
I also solved the hibernate things by dealing with detached objects.
Also with refresh them from the db ;-), but my solution wouldnt be a
framework but only a helper to create a "entity data editor".
As it requires the latest myfaces to work I plan to release a first
version after the myfaces release.

Ciao,
Mario