My active tab has been renderring as a button.
I went to the example site at
http://www.irian.at/myfaces/tabbedPane.jsf and the active tab there
has the active tab renderred as a button also.

I read a website and this seems to be an winXP and IE6 specific issue
and figured out I can fix it by doing this:

input {
color: #465f8c;
       padding: 2px 5px;
       border: 2px solid;
       border-color: #7bf #07c #07c #7bf;
       background-color: #f0d4ff;
       font-family: Georgia, serif;
       font-size: 18px;
       display: block;
}

Which I think the website said you needed either background-color or
border-color.

Now my tab renders as a tab instead of a button.  Howerver...

This applies the css to all inputs on the page and I only want the
tabs to have this and not any buttons that might submit a form (I do
have one too).

I created a stylesheet class using the same properties as before.

.activeTabClass {
color: #465f8c;
       padding: 2px 5px;
       border: 2px solid;
       border-color: #7bf #07c #07c #7bf;
       background-color: #f0d4ff;
       font-family: Georgia, serif;
       font-size: 18px;
       display: block;
}

and assigned it to all the different style class attributes
(activeTabStyleClass...) for the panelTabbedPane and panelTab tags.

I'm a newbie at css but I thought this should have worked but it didn't.

Any one have any idea how I can assign this style sheet just the the
tab's input button and not the ones on the rest of the page?

Shawn