Yes, I tested that too before posting to be sure it wasn't something simple. I'm sure it's some issue with the combination of everything I'm using - could be ordering of extension filters.
Looking at that next.

Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
Indeed, today I tested the MyFaces example because of your posts
and it works fine for me, like expected.

-Matthias