I am having this same problem on JBoss 4.0.4 which uses Tomcat 5.5.

Everything seems to be configured correctly, click on the command link, and
nothing happens.  I do
not even get an error message.

I Googled for a solution.  At one time this was a problem in the SUN RI and the
solution was to
switch to MyFaces
(http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=739598&messageID=4244849)

I got the nightly build for MyFaces (1.14 SNAPSHOT); this did not help.

It is very frustrating when something so simple does not work.  Any help would
be appreciated.

Thx.

Mike