I still can't reproduce this - using the simple examples web application
(myfaces distribution).  I tried w/ trunk and with MyFaces 1.1.3 and Tomahawk
1.1.3 .  getScrolling() renders when the org.apache.myfaces.AUTO_SCROLL context
parameter is set to true and getScrolling() dows not render when the
org.apache.myfaces.AUTO_SCROLL context parameter is set to false.  In both
cases and the outputLink elements on the home page work.

@Mike - An example of the org.apache.myfaces.AUTO_SCROLL context param, w/ a
few lines of documentation, is in web.xml of the simple examples application.

So ... what is it about your dev environments that is different?  It is
probably something simple.

Dennis Byrne