Mirek B. a écrit :
It depends.

You should consider whether you really need a full fledged app server. For a lots of projects, a simple Servlet/JSP container (e.g. Tomcat) is enough.

Basically, when choosing an app server, JBoss and Sun Server/Glassfish are the most common options, if you need full EE stack. If you are fine with mere web container, go with Tomcat or Jetty.

Thanks for you help ;o)

I don't know yet if I'll need J2EE.
But I know that I need a Framework to start a WebApplication because many basics need have to be completed : Authentication, Caching, Input Validation, State Management, Configuration, Data Access, and more ...

So I think a Framework is a must have, don't you ?

About J2EE : At XWiki (a Java Wiki at www.xwiki.org) I read in the features section : "Scalability and Performance using J2EE". I understand "Scalability" with J2EE, but I could not see how J2EE bring "Performance" for a WebApplication like a wiki.... Have you got an idea how J2EE can bring "Performance" to a WebApplication ?

Thanks again,
Cyrille.

// mirek

Cyrille37 wrote:
Adam Brod a écrit :

My guess is MyFaces has a much, much larger market share than Barracuda.
I think so. While I'm searching, I see that there nothing about Barracuda on the web, except on www.barracudamvc.ogr and Enhydra.org.

By the way, I'm not shure about the choice of Enhydra Server for same reasons : not much artcile and community ...

Thanks for your answer,
cyrille
*
Adam Brod*/