Hi,

   You can write action method for the refresh button
on your page. suppose your action method returns "abc"
then in navigation write
    <navigation-rule>
                <from-view-id>/page1.jsp</from-view-id>
                <navigation-case>
                        <from-outcome>abc</from-outcome>
                        <to-view-id>/page1.jsp</to-view-id>
                </navigation-case>
        </navigation-rule>
This works if your bean is in request scope, not sure
about session scope beans.

regards....
Arvind

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/