Brian Ehmann a écrit :
> I have a myfaces app that is going to the testers on monday and I just
> ran into a snag, so ANY help would be much appreciated.
>
> The app works great for all of the *.jsp pages.  However I am using
> container managed authentication on tomcat.  When the user tries to
> access any page before they are authenticated, they are forwarded to a
> login.html page.  The login functionality on the page works great,
> however I can not get any of the images on that page to render and the
> page does not find the css stylesheet.  (this is what I get for
> putting the eye-candy off until the last minute).
>
> This is my first myfaces app so I've pretty much followed the
> architecture in the Core JSF (by sun) and Java Server Faces (by oreilly).
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?  I can send code and overall design if
> needed but I can't figure out what I am missing here.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brian
Hello,

First, this is not a jsf issue :)
Second, if all of your webapp is under a security constraint requiring
authentification  (you have mapped a security constraint to '/'  or to
'/*' in your web.xml), nothing can be accessed without prior
authentification, that includes your .css and your pictures. If you want
pictures and css accessible from login page, they must be in a non
secure area.
Also, be aware that the url in browser, when doing login
authentification, is always a special url (i can't remember which), not
related to where the login.jsp or login.html page is. As such, if you
have a <webapp>/resources/login.html and <webapp>/resources/my.css, then
you CAN'T use the 'my.css' stylesheet, but use the
'/<webapp>/resources/my.css'