I am trying to use the disabled attribute on some inputText boxes in my
application. However, everytime I try to use a binding like this

<h:inputText disabled="#{mybackingBean.disabled}" />

nothing happens. disabled is a Boolean field in the backing bean. I assume
it would auto translate to a string, but it doesnt appear to. I then tried
using JSTl to set a value a page scoped variable

<c:set name="disabled" value="true"/>

This does not work either when I change my input box to this

<h:inputText disabled="#{disabled}"/>

The one way I can get it to work is if I use the explicit value
disabled="true" inline with the tag. Am I missing something simple here?