Nebinger, David wrote:

Adding Spring, yes, but it should be noted that one of the strengths of Spring
is that you can use just the pieces you need/want w/o rearchitecting your whole
architecture.

If you had a non-spring project, you can get away with adding spring core and
acegi jars, add a small beans config file, the rest (as far as acegi is
concerned) is added by adding a servlet filter and a context listener.

You don't have to write a line of code (as long as you can use the distributed
mechanisms for user validation), yet have a security layer integrated into your
application.

Spring rocks!  ;-)

Yes, I did see indications of that when I looked through their website. For anyone else interested in trying Acegi, who don't already use Spring, see [1].

I think it's something I might give a try, if I end up being unsatisfied with using only container-managed security features.

[1] http://acegisecurity.org/standalone.html

Regards,

Jeff Bischoff
Kenneth L Kurz & Associates, Inc.